- Introducing Virtual Coffee Talks at the Babylab. Every Tuesday. Everyone welcome.
- Online studies now available for babies and children with more on the way!
- ToddlerLab Opening Summer 2020. More information about the ToddlerLab.
- Our Seminar Series timetable is now available
The Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development (CBCD) was founded in 1998 at Birkbeck, University of London and is directed by Professor Denis Mareschal. It has grown steadily and is now internationally recognised as one of the leading centres of its kind in the world.
The work of CBCD members is characterised by its use of converging methods (behavioural testing, eye tracking, ERP, EEG, optical imaging, EMG, computer modelling, functional and structural MRI), and by its theory-driven programmes of empirical research on visual, cognitive, and language development in human infants, children and adults.
The work undertaken at CBCD is only possible through the generous support of our many funders, Birkbeck and the numerous families and children who have volunteered their time.
CBCD biennual report download (PDF)
At the Babylab we want to better understand how babies learn and develop, particularly during the first 2 years of life.
We create fun studies that help us discover:
- how babies learn to pay attention to some things and not others
- 奇游电竞加速器 新游热游毫秒响应 72小时免费试用【官方网站】:奇游电竞加速器,电竞级网络加速,超低延迟/秒级响应/拒绝丢包,完美加速绝地求生、gta5、csgo、彩虹六号、战地5等游戏,新游热 ...
- how their language and understanding of the world develop
If you live in or around London and are interested in participating in our studies, please sign up.
You can follow this link to register your baby.
“The new ToddlerLab will provide us with an exciting facility for toddlers to roam around, interact with peers and behave as they would in the normal world, but all the while wearing specialist equipment that allows us to measure their brain activity.”
Professor Denis Mareschal, Director of the CBCD